Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Best Films of 2015

Customarily, I like to indulge myself in a lengthy recitation at this time of year, on the abiding successes of yesteryear, and on the terrible flaws that ruined large sections of it.  But this year, I thought it might be a good idea to be a bit more inclusive, as well as give you all some idea of the conversation that circulates around the movies that I go and see.  And so, for 2015's Best and Worst lists, I decided to bring in some... help.

For the last two years, Corvidae, whom most of you will remember from a lengthy and in-depth review of Antman (produced while I was otherwise occupied being cooked to death in Southern France) has been accompanying me on the vast majority of my cinematic endeavors, a decision born no doubt from Catholic guilt, brain aneurysms, and a perverse enjoyment of pain, both hers and my own.  This wonderful decision has led to her being present for some of the greatest films that this blog records, as well as some of the worst.  And given the time she has put in and the fact that watching movies like Under the Skin alone might well have been fatal, I felt it was only fair that we both have a share in recording the highs and lows of the year that has just left us.

Normally, as you may recall, I like to record my thoughts in text, a paragraph or so for each movie to explain its place on the list, but given that there were two of us this time, and my consequent desire to generate a bit more of a dialogue than one usually finds in these sorts of reviews, the decision was made to record our thoughts live, the better to discuss our opinions on these wonderful films, and offer such criticisms as might be warranted, of our selections, of the films themselves, or of anything else that came to mind.  For we are not here to bury these films, but to praise them.  The burial will come later.

So dig in, ladies and gentlemen, as we praise the best films of the year that has passed.  It's time for...



The Best Films of 2015!!!








For those of you who are too lazy to sit through our edifying discussion of the finest cinema that 2015 had to offer, or who simply want to read along with our ramblings, I have thoughtfully provided links to the films below:



Next Time:  You've heard the Best.  Now it's time for the Worst...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The General's Post Summer 2018 Roundup

Let's get back into the swing of things, shall we? The General's Post Summer 2018 Roundup Ant-Man and the Wasp Alternate Ti...